Most trainees will be staying in university residences during their stay. They are situated close to the city centre, with only a few minutes walk to the University of Strathclyde, George Square and several super markets. Staying at halls is a great way to make friends with other trainees, and a great sense of community is formed. Many of our trainees have remained friends for life after their stay! Here are some basic tips:
- Halls do not provide bed sheets and kitchen utensils, so you will need to buy this. The LC members can help you showing where to buy (check out argos.co.uk, they have everything you will need, at a reasonable price)
- Do not interfere or play with fire alarms, you could end up with a large fine. Also, most people don’t particularly enjoy being evacuated in the middle of the night.
- Keep your room locked at all times. Avoid leaving large amounts of money, your passport and other valuables behind when you are not around.
- Making a lot of noise after 11pm can end with a visit by the security or even police.
- Be clean and tidy and everyone is happy!
There may or may not be internet access!