Since the closing date for registering interest in an IAESTE placement for next summer is approaching (10th December!), I thought it would be a good idea to give everyone an easy to follow guide of how to complete the initial application.
- First head here. This is the link to the page for Scottish students to fill in initial applications.
- Click the link titled “Application Form”. This should open up a page with the first question on it.
- Go through each of the questions asked and answer them! Simple!
There are a total of 20 questions and they take less than a total of 5 minutes to complete.
A couple of the questions aren’t 100% clear.
- Question 5. The first number should be your year of study, and the second the length of your degree. For example, I’m doing a four year degree and I’m in my third year so I select 3/4.
- Question 9. Don’t be discouraged by a subject field having an asterisk next to it.
- Question 13. Date of Birth should be in the format DD/MM/YYYY.
- Questions 15-17. The questions on this page should have no box left blank. Even if your address only has one line, the other two boxes then must have NA in them.
- Question 18. Sponsored in this context means a company or organisation are paying to put you through University.